Pinterest is my favorite online platform! I loved it even before blogging, but now I see the huge potential to bloggers.
First- let me give you a little background on what type of people are on Pinterest:
- 71% of Pinterest users are women (72 million!)
- The number of men on Pinterest doubled by 2014
- Moms are on Pinterest! Pinterest Moms share 3 times more than the average user. (and they make up over 30% of the overall shares!)
- Pinterest users are on more in the evening, while Facebook’s peak time is the morning.
- 75% of Pinterest takes place on mobile.
- Images without faces get 25% more repins
- Saturated images have 50% more repins.
- Promoted pins are receiving around 30% more repins than those organically pinned.
Now – what should you share on Pinterest:
A LOT of things do well on Pinterest but I have found that personal stories, inspriraltional stories, etc…. do better on Facebook. What I do share on Pinterest are tutorials, recipes, and tips. If it can make your life EASIER – share it on Pinterest.
Overall, food is shared the most on Pinterest, with 18% of the content on Pinterest being food and recipes.
Next up is Parenting, at around 16%.
The third-place runner coming in at 10% is fashion.
Pinterest is definitely my favorite board! If you want to see more on Pinterest, check out this Pinterest Tip.
PS- check out our book, where we spill all of the juicy blogging secrets!