As much as bloggers love to hate Facebook, it is still a great way to drive traffic to your blog. Even if your own page isn’t bringing in a lot of traffic, you can do a lot to up your chances that people with larger pages will be sharing your awesome content on their pages!
The goal is always to build your page first. You don’t want to make yourself completely dependent on another blogger, but networking and getting your posts out there a bit more while you are still growing is great!
Getting your posts shared on Facebook
1. Join a share group – Did you know that B2B has a Facebook share group? You can share your own posts in the group and then, in turn grab a few posts from other bloggers to share on your page. It’s the perfect place to get your content shared by other bloggers AND to find some awesome posts to schedule on your own page as well. Join our share group here.
2. Share to big pages – Be careful with this…some pages consider it spammy if you share to their wall all of the time, but there are a lot of HUGE pages that welcome other bloggers posting to their walls, every single day! We created a list of big Facebook pages that allow you to share to their walls to make it easier for you.
- Share from your own FB page, that way readers who see and love your content on the larger page’s wall will go like your page instead of trying to friend you on Facebook.
- Don’t share the same post all day. Make a little spreadsheet for yourself so you know when you shared what post, and where! If you go through the entire list and share the same post to all those pages, you will overwhelm people who follow all of those pages, and seem spammy. Try to limit each post being shared to one or two places each day. This will extend the life of that post on Facebook and keep people from becoming annoyed with you sharing the same thing all day.
- Stay in niche. Familiarize yourself with the pages that you are sharing to so that the page owners see the type of content they love to share with their audience, coming from YOU!
- Return the favor – if you are consistently sharing to a certain page’s wall…make sure you share from them frequently too! Even if you are much smaller, this will show that blogger you are wanting to build a relationship with them, instead of just taking advantage of their bigger page.
3. Create shareable content – Okay this might go without saying…but make your content so awesome that people can’t help but want to share it. Holly always says that her favorites are the posts she reads and thinks “man! I wish I had written that…” If you create a post with that wow factor, even the biggest of pages will be snagging it to share on their pages!
4. Image size – Keep up with the image trends on Facebook. Verticle images do great on pinterest, but not Facebook. Try to do a square image if you are uploading or use a optimized image in the link slot. Did you know you can choose the image that auto populates when you copy/paste your url to the status area? You totally can and having a great eye-grabbing image there greatly increases your chance of being shared because it requires no downloading/uploading! It speeds up the process and Facebook is responding really well to link shares right now. Here’s how to set up a Facebook link share image in case you don’t know how.
5. Don’t get discouraged – Facebook can seem like a huge mountain to be conquered, but it’s really not as scary as it might seem. These are ways to get your content seen by followers beyond yourself, but building your own page is truly priceless! In a perfect world, we focus on building our platform, and connecting with other platforms as well.
If you are working hard to grow your facebook page, be sure to watch this awesome video from Holly, all about how to do it! She started from scratch, just like all of us and didn’t pay for a single ‘like’. Definitely worth watching this video about how to build your page into a crazy-successful Facebook page!
Do you have favorite ways to share your content on Facebook? Let’s discuss it in our group!