First- why I share this:
1- You can find anyone’s salary if you look hard enough (when I was a teacher, everyone in the world knew my salary b/c teachers, healthcare professionals, government employees… have their salaries public. I’m just used to it.)
2- Inspiration for you. You can do this! You can reach YOUR goals if you want to… and I want to share how I have made it happen in our lives. Happy Reading!
ps- for those of you that follow every month, notice that my “disclaimer” is getting smaller & smaller- I’m taking your advice! haha!)
(that was before expenses of OVER $6,500- this is just a guess. I haven’t added it up yet.)
(this is income ONLY from my page- YourModernFamily.com, not including income from this website that I run with Paula… not including our book sales from here.
How many hours do I work a day?
At least four. I try to work from 8:00 until midnight or 1… or 2 am. (My husband and I watch TV, etc… while I work. I just sit beside him with my laptop & work while we watch. Now that he has a blog, we work together. haha!)
They have gone down from 3 million around Christmas to a little over 2 million now (spring).
Don’t worry… My income has gone UP.
Before I forget… you can join us on our private Facebook Group for Blogging on the Side. We talk about tips, ideas, etc… with about 3,000 bloggers.
BIG NEWS THIS MONTH:
My husband quit his job as a financial manager! He will be working from home with me, full time. He will be doing our bookkeeping, finances and he will be building his own blog (with my help) – yourmoderndad.com (I love it already, if I do say so myself!)
*This was my ultimate goal. I didn’t think this would happen, but I could not be more excited. We have been together since we were 14 years old, so we have always dreamed of the day when we could spend our days together and now it will happen. We have so many plans!
New things that I did this month:
1- Putting a real “effort” into selling Young Living Oils (my goal was to get two people signed up each month & its paying off- literally).
2- Started to share my posts to some Facebook pages again (I had stopped that for a while).
3- Went back & re-vamped old posts (new image, better flow, more SEO friendly)
4- Started sharing affiliate links once a day on my Facebook Page.
5- Get more “personal” by starting my Instagram page and being very active on it. I don’t do too many personal posts on my blog, so this is a little sneak-peek into my real life.
- WHERE DID IT COME FROM?
- Tap Influence-
- Others (personal email offers, etc…)
- Share a Sale
- Moms affiliate
- My e-books and paperback books: 50% of my income
My books: POTTY TRAIN IN A WEEKEND and You can be a Stay at Home Mom on One Income and FREED from Clutter and a new printable of my Wall-Bed instructions.
- Adthive ads (I recently switched from The Blogger Network to Adthrive. It was a rough two weeks waiting for the ads to take over, work correctly, show up on mobile (80% of my readers are on mobile) and increase the rate, but now it is working well) The rest comes from misc. items
What I want to do BETTER next month:
1. My goal for months now has been to get ALL of my ebooks onto paperback via Createspace. I want to do this. It is just time consuming.
2. My other goal is to write two more books that are already in the works (one with a friend and one on my own)! I plan on having both completed by May (ahh!!)
3. Utilize YouTube. I have a few videos (one that has 110,000 views, but that is my highest-viewed video). I think making more videos has been on my list forever, but I finally have everything that I need to create a studio, so I am just going to go for it now! I have a huge list of videos that I want to make (I was telling my friend Rachel that I have this list on the back of a magazine... which brings me to #4…)
4. Get more organized. My friends Paula and Jamie have been telling me to do spreadsheets forever and I still have not done ANY (not for Facebook or anything!) This will make my life so much easier and thankfully, my husband is willing to take on this role for me.
5. Apply to speak at a few more conferences. I really just want to SHARE what I know to help other bloggers! This has been our goal since the beginning.
Dollar Photo Club – where I am getting my images.
Equipment (lights for my new studio, video camera, etc…)
New Laptop for Mickey (& other office supplies)
Dinner/lunch blog meetings.
Trip to Texas for a blogging trip.
TOP VIEWED POSTS THIS MONTH:
MY BIGGEST MONEY-MAKING POSTS:
My NEW finance goals:
1- Pay off the mortgage (thankfully, this monthly income is doing JUST that! It goes right to our mortgage.)
2- Put enough into retirement accounts to be covered when we retire.
3- Build up the kid’s college savings account (four kids!)