A few months ago, my pins were all being re-directed to a 404 page. If anyone pinned from my page, the pins didn’t bring them back to me. It happened again a few weeks ago. Pinterest was able to fix it, but in the meantime I had to go in and edit the source on each pin that I had pinned. I had to learn how to change a Pinterest source link.
Here is how you edit the source on a pinterest page. This is especially helpful if you have changed your domain name or URL.
THE REASON that you may want to do this:
- If you have changed the name of your blog
- If you upload a picture from your dashboard and want it to lead directly to a post
- If your Pinterest plugin wasn’t working correctly
- If you had to change a URL for whatever reason
- If you deleted a post but want that pin to link to another post on your page
Here is HOW you do this:
Step One- find the pin that needs changed and click on the little pencil
Step 2 ~ Change the source to whatever you want it to be.
Step 3~ Click SAVE CHANGES
That’s it! You have successfully changed your Pinterest source. Easy as pie!