I can’t tell you how many times I have forgotten to take business cards to a blog conference or to meet a brand. Now I keep a few in my purse, for these “just in case” moments when I forget, but sometimes, I’ll run out of those, too.
On these occasions when I have none, I’ll do what I need to do to help them remember me.
Here is what I do when I forget my business cards:
- Grab your phone.
- Ask them for a picture.
- Snap a picture of you & the person that you are meeting (a selfie is perfect).
- Immediately open your phone email app & ask them for their email address.
- At that same moment, send the picture of the two of you with your blog name in the subject line & the conference name.
- In the e-mail, I usually say something like “Hey! Great meeting you today! I can’t wait to connect. I know that my readers would love your brand!”
- Attach the image of the two of you.
- Be sure that all of your blog info is in your email (mine is automatically included).
- Follow up about 1 week after the conference or meeting.
- Make a deal 🙂
I hope that helped! It comes from experience, but it works every time. I have landed many ‘deals’ this way and have worked my way into many sponsored posts by adding this personal touch that really came from a mistake on my part.
For more tips like this, sign up for our free monthly newsletter & get our “Pitching Brands” Template for free. 🙂