Today’s blog income report comes from Kathryn at SingingThroughTheRain. We have known Kathryn for many years, in the blogosphere, and we are excited to have her sharing this with us today!
How I Made Almost $30,000 on my Blog in 2015
I’ve been asked so many times, “How do you make money with your blog? I didn’t even know that was possible!” But when I set a goal for my blog in 2015, I never in a million years expected to make almost triple that!
Since so many people and other bloggers like to know how I do it, I like to do 1-2 posts a year with a detailed look at what exactly I did to make money. I’ve been told people love how detailed my reports are so I hope this helps YOU too!
- My Recipe Magic – This didn’t make me much money, but I worked with them for a few years posting my recipes and getting paid for bringing views to their site. Sadly, they stopped this program early this year and do not pay for views anymore. – $8.90
- Ahalogy – Ahalogy is a Pinterest scheduler that use to pay you for the amount of Pinterest views you brought in. This program was discontinued as well a few months ago, but their scheduler is still up and running and is one of my favorite Pinterest schedulers! – $280.01
- Amazon Associates – I can make a lot more with Amazon Associates when I put in the time and work into it, but I do love this program because it can be a real passive way to make income. Use the affiliate links in your blog, on social media, or open up an affiliate store and get people to shop there. No matter how you do it there is a lot of potential with this program. – $620.71
- Apple/iTunes – Talking about iPhone apps on my blog has been profitable and makes me money several times a year. If you blog a lot about technology or have a lot of posts with app suggestions, this is a great program to become a part of. – $53.99
- Blog Ads – This income comes from ad space sold on my site from various other businesses and bloggers. I love working with these people and love offering space on my blog to help others. –$376.60
- Google Adsense – “Google AdSense is a program run by Google that allows bloggers in the Google Network to serve automatic text, image, video, or interactive media advertisements, that are targeted to site content and audience.” A lot of bloggers say they don’t make good money from this, but you really can do well with Google Adsense and I feel like I have the numbers to prove that. – $3,215.51
- PadSquad – PadSquad is similar to Google Adsense. The only difference is that it is for mobile optimization and advertising. Pad squad sets up the mobile version of your site for free and then places ads through the mobile version that are targeted toward your content and audience. I LOVE Pad Squad. It’s one of my favorite forms of income and the number here is only a small portion of what I’ve earned so far this year because payments are 60 days behind. – $9,405.35
- E-book – This includes books that were sold through Amazon Kindle and through Nook from Barnes and Noble. – $307.82
- Mom’s Affiliate – Mom’s Affiliate is a great site that offers all kinds of campaigns for bloggers. I prefer to only do sponsored posts from them and have written two for several companies so far. It seemed to fizzle out early in the year and I have not had any more opportunities since then. – $225.00
- Post Joint – This was a new website I found this year. People will write articles and offer to have them published on your site. You can do it for free or send back the offer with the amount of money you want for publishing it. –$85.75
- Clever Girls – Clever girls is one of my favorite ways for making some extra money. They are kind of like a contractor where they get opportunities from big businesses, and then I apply to participate. If I am picked for the campaign (sponsored post, social media shares, etc), I earn money. I have been working with them for years and I love how they work! – $130.00
- IZEA – I love IZEA because they list out all the opportunities and campaigns and you just scroll through and bid on what you want to participate in. I’ve done a ton of Twitter shares with them, several sponsored posts, and even some Instagram posts. – $947.64
- MSB / TapInfluence – MSB stands for Military Spouse Bloggers and I am loving working with MSB New Media this year. If you are a military spouse blogger go ahead and join now! – $1,213.17
- SITS Girls / Massive Sway – $575.00
- iConnect – I also did one sponsored post with iConnect this year. I think they use to be named something else, but I’ve loved working with them thus far. – $77.39
Social Media Shares
- This is income made from various people and businesses who pay to have their website or products promoted on my social media channels. – $195.46
- Christmas Gift Guide – $271.82
- Fiverr – Fiverr has been a big source of income for me. I am able to offer services on there and work at my own pace on my own time. I have slowed down with Fiverr however, because I wanted to be able to offer these services on my blog. If you’re thinking about joining Fiverr to make money, check out my post: How to Use and Make Money With Fiverr. – $1,365.00
- Personal Services – This is money made from services I offer on my website including: SEO services, social media coaching and management, blog and blog monetization coaching, and lots more! – $8,813.00